Beam room music rundown:
- Absolutely nuthin’
I also collected yet another data point supporting the correlation of a lack of music with the absence of any women techs. I’m beginning to wonder if playing the radio in the beam room is a bit like party planning in basically every office – implicitly (sometimes explicitly) considered to be women’s work.
- I’m feeling increasingly shitty. My team warned me this would happen, so it’s not unexpected. It turns out swallowing poison daily eventually takes its toll on your body.
- My platelet count is low enough that the team is taking me off chemo (probably) for the remainder of radiation (just five more days!). This is apparently also very typical – that poison thing, again. Actually, it’s unclear whether this should be a “down” or an “up.”
- My big sister is now back on the west coast, and our plan to binge the Coen brothers’ canon was brought to a screeching halt by “Blood Simple.” It was nice to have some uninterrupted time together, but there’s still much catching up to do.
- Big R is back from her travels, and little R’s behavior has improved accordingly. We’ve already slipped back into a comfortable family routine.
- Even though I’m feeling shitty, I’ve still got my double unders. I did 3 sets of 30 today.
- Tomorrow is the second meeting with my dietitian where we’re gonna get real serious about this therapeutic ketogenic diet business.